Thursday, April 15, 2010

Coffee Blog #2

Yesterday we had some down time so Dale and I decided to try out our second coffee shop. We went to Fido's in Hillsboro Village by Vanderbilt. Fido's used to be a pet shop, which is how they came up with the name "Fidos" (Also, apparently, Fido's and Bongo Java are the same company) Not only do they serve coffee but they have really great food and deserts as well (muffins, cookies, bagels, salads, sandwiches, etc). I got a strawberry/banana muffin and a cinnamon latte. Dale's drink was not a coffee drink but more of a hot chocolate. It was called the "Dalmatian". It was a mixture of white chocolate sauce, chocolate shavings and whipped cream....pretty much a sugar high but it was great. Most of their drinks have some sort of "canine" theme...like the "milkbone", the "hot dog", the "bull dog" and the "rolo(ver)". Here are some pictures that we took of the drinks, etc!

P.S. This was my SECOND coffee of the day...which is crazy for me...I don't know when I turned into a coffee drinking person! I blame Dale for working at Starbucks ;)



almost too pretty to drink!


but i did :) and it was good

No comments:

Post a Comment